A Weekend Worth Waiting For!


I'd been waiting for this weekend for what felt like forever. How can 3 days possibly go by so fast?! I blinked and it was Monday morning. I'm so sad that it's already over but we had so much fun just being together! And the fact that I get to see him again in just a few short weeks made our goodbye a little easier...I can thank the Mountain West Baseball Conference for that one! I'm loving baseball season because Bubs gets to come to California to play games twice in the next 2 months! 


I flew into Denver on Friday afternoon. It's about an hour and a half drive to the Academy from DIA, a little less if you have a lead foot hehe. Steven had a baseball game that started before I landed, so his friends drove up to Denver for me! I missed most of the game (not to say I'm bummed about that because it was oh, 30 degrees and Steven wasn't even playing that day...I'll pass on that, thank you very much) so I barely had to wait to hug on my man!

The first kiss and hug after we've been apart is always the best. It makes me feel like I'm back where I belong, as if we've never been apart in the first place. But it always gives me butterflies in my stomach too, like it's the first time we've ever kissed. It's one part of the whole long distance thing that I enjoy because I get to have that perfect kiss over and over again! It still hasn't lost any of its feeling, and I don't think it ever will. 


The rest of the weekend was supposed to consist of watching more baseball in the snow, but we lucked out! On Saturday and Sunday, there was a crazy blizzard so the games got cancelled, which also meant more time for us to be together! I was bummed that I didn't get to see S play, but then quickly got over that when I remembered I get to see him play here in the California sunshine! Bubs had to practice for a little while so I hung around and read. After he practiced, we grabbed some lunch at a cozy cabin restaurant, the perfect place to eat with the crazy weather outside. We caught an early movie and then we ran some errands to pick up a few things that Bubs needed for his room. That night after dinner, we relaxed and went in the jacuzzi.



Sunday after Steven's practice, we had a yummy lunch and then went to the outlets in Castle Rock. Wind and snow was probably not the best weather for an outdoor mall, but we had a great time! That night we cuddled up, talked, and watched a movie in the hotel. I love just lounging around with that guy. He makes me laugh so much and it's so nice to get to do the little things, like watching TV together, that we don't normally get to do! It makes me appreciate every second I get to spend with him!  

Here's a little recap of the weekend!! 

The baseball stadium at USAFA! Not the best playing weather!


Love this guy! 

Escaping the blizzard! 










We asked this cute lady to take our picture on my iPhone. The picture above was the first picture that she took...She flipped the camera around and snapped a picture of herself! S and I were cry-laughing when we saw the picture of her later! So funny hehe 

This is the second...a little better

Finally a good one! 


It was a perfect weekend and I'm so thankful I got to see my man! You can bet that I already have my next countdown in full swing! 

11 comments:

  1. yay! So glad you got to see your man!! I only get to see my boyfriend on the weekends so I know how fast weekends can go by like that. Loved all the pictures too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And I know it's such a bummer! Weekends definitely need to be longer ;)

      Delete
  2. haha that Lady's face is priceless! Sounds like a great weekend!

    Victoria
    patientlywaitinghisreturn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you had a good time in CO! It looks SO cold!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in a LDR too and I completely agree with the getting butterflies the first time you see him again!! Just being able to do "normal" couple things like going out on dates is SO special when you don't get to do that all the time. Distance sucks, but it makes you appreciate the other person even more I think. I have a countdown to the next time I get to see my boyfriend too. I'm a new reader and I love your blog! ~Rachel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm so happy we can relate to each other :)

      Delete
  5. So glad to see you got to see your man and spend some time with him...even if it was a little cold out!! Hope you had a great time together!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haley! I love your blog, so I tagged you in my post about Little Truths! I thought you might have fun doing something like this letting your readers know a little more about you!
    Here is the link:
    http://lifeasthebrownfamily.blogspot.com/2013/03/my-dirty-little-secrets.html

    ReplyDelete