A Weekend in Colorado: The Broadmoor Hotel


Monday was the day that I had to go back to California. It's always sad on the last day, but we definitely made the best of it.

Bubs had baseball practice in the morning so I had some time to read my book. After, we got pancakes and drove around for a little while. We hadn't made any plans for the day and we wanted to stay close to the airport to make sure I wouldn't be late for my flight. So, being the spontaneous people that we are, we took a little trip to see the Broadmoor Hotel in Colorado Springs. 

It's seriously one of the most beautiful hotels I've ever seen. It was elegant, fancy and we both looked rather out of place in our jeans and vans...but of course that didn't stop us. 

We walked around the lobby and all of the small shops, taking pictures and holding hands. We came across a gorgeous empty ballroom and I was pulled inside against my will. It's not the rule breaking that bothers me (charming, I know) but I can't stand the awkwardness of getting caught somewhere I shouldn't be. Melting my heart, Steven asked me to dance. Throwing any possibility of getting caught out the window, I happily obliged...I mean come on, who could say no to that? It was definitely my favorite part of our day. 

Our time together came to an end all to quickly and Steven had to drive me to the airport. Saying goodbye is pretty much the worst thing in the world. Some people say that it gets easier each time, but I don't really think that's the case. This was the hardest goodbye yet because we'd gotten so used to being with each other the past few months. There were tears, hugs, and kisses and we were both a complete mess.

As much as I hate goodbyes, I'm thankful for them too. Because without them, I wouldn't get to share that first kiss feeling over and over with my sweet Airman. 




 





1 comment:

  1. Love your blog! I just started my new one. wow long distance is hard.. Im in the same spot!
    I'll follow you from now on =)

    xx, Linda

    ReplyDelete