Easy Popcorn

Popcorn is my favorite food. If I could, I would eat it for every. single. meal. 

The best is when my dad makes it homemade on the stove. However, that takes effort and cleaning...and who really wants to clean? Microwave popcorn is subpar...at best. I mean what is that yellow hydrogenated oily goo even made of? I know it tastes good, but it can't be good for you. Not to mention it's so expensive! So, what's a popcorn lover to do? Find a much simpler, cheaper, healthier and all around better solution, of course!


Here's how a frugal college student with only a microwave to cook with does it:


Take a plain brown paper bag and fill it with about 1/4 cups of regular popcorn kernels. 
Then, fold the paper bag at the top twice to keep the kernels from flyin' all over the place. 
Put it in the microwave for about 1 and 1/2 to 2 minutes (if the kernels stop popping every 1 or 2 seconds, then take it out earlier!)
Sometimes I just eat it plain, other times I put a little salt and butter in the bag and shake it up. If you're feeling a little crazy, then you can add other things like cinnamon and sugar, parmesan cheese, pepper, anything, really. 
And there ya have it, a snack that's perfect at home or on the go! 





7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was reading this in the library while eating popcorn...no joke haha. Love all of your posts Haley!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey girl! I found you today via your comment on Hallie's blog, and you're so cute! Loving your blog so far :) And I've been seeing this idea for popcorn all over the place, and I *need* to try it myself ASAP! Because popcorn is most definitely my favorite food too. Can't wait to give it a try soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's seriously the best! A good way to portion control too! Because I can seriously eat an entire bag of microwave popcorn in one sitting...by myself! Haha

      Delete
  4. Yum!! May have to try this after this week's fast session!!

    ReplyDelete