She's Hired!

A couple days ago, my article was on the front page of the paper I write for, the Daily Nexus! It was an unexpected and exciting sight to say the least. The topic of the article could probably bore a person to tears but hey, it was on the cover...and I wrote it!!

Later that night, I got a call from my editor saying that I was officially hired on the staff, meaning now I get paid to do something I really enjoy doing. How awesome is that?! 

It was a pretty good day, I must say!



Please excuse the lovely curling iron burn mark on my neck.
It happened a few days earlier...clearly I did not curl my hair the day I took the picture. Yikes!  




6 comments:

  1. Haha! I was gonna say girl, is that a hickey?! lol trust me, been there done that with the curling iron burns... Congrats on the new job! I wanted to be a writer in high school so I'm just a tad bit jealous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the first thing I was worried about when it happened! But thank you! I'm so excited :)

      Delete
  2. Congrats that is so exciting! I love your blog by he way so cute! Thanks for following mine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! That burn looks like it hurts so bad. Ouch!

    ReplyDelete